Meet the Inventor of ProBand® Products
Dr. Donald Fareed
Dr. Donald Fareed is located in Santa Barbara, California. He has been in practice for over 30 years. Dr. Fareed’s clinic has treated patients from all over the world.
Some of his patients have included business leaders, authors, scientists, athletes, professional, collegiate and amateur alike, and some world champions.
His practice and surgical philosophy is based on pinpointing problems at the source, understanding and the resolution of musculoskeletal problems in the gentlest manner possible.
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Donald Fareed, M.D., an internationally known practicing orthopaedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist, developed the BandIT, KneedIT, and Ankle BandIT based on over 25 years of clinical and surgical observations and treatment of patients with Repetitive Stress Injuries, Tendonitis, Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Osgood-Schlatters, Chondromalacia, Acute and Chronic Ankle Sprains, and other musculoskeletal ailments.
- B.A. – University of California, Berkeley
- M.D. – U.C.L.A. School of Medicine
- Blalock Surgical Research Fellowship
- Bone Mineral Metabolism, Osteoporosis
- Swift Transplantation Fellowship
- Duke Universitiy Medical Center, Durham, N.C., General Surgery
- U.S. Army
- Medical Field Services, Fort Sam Houston, TX
- Surgeon for the U.S. Embassy Military Medical Assistance Team, South America
- Diseaster Relief Team, South America
- Orthopaedic Residency, Department of Defense, Gorgas Hospital, Canal Zone, Panama; Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery
- U.C.L.A. School of Medicine; Prosthetics and Orthopaedics Program
- Armed forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, D.C.; Orthopaedic Pathology
- Board Certified Diplomat American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Consultant to Davis Cup Members
- Orthopaedic Consultant & Physician Los Angeles Open Tennis Tournament
- Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, Specializing in Shoulder, Elbow and Knee; Santa Barbara, CA
- Current Active Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Surgery Shoulder, Elbow & Knee, Santa Barbara, California
- Former Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara, CA
- Former Chairman, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, St. Francis Medical Center of Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA
- Former President Elect, Los Padres Chapter of the Western Orthopaedic Association
- Active Staff, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
- Cottage Hospital Research Committee